Wednesday, August 17, 2005

DisneySea Weekend

So I had a three-day weekend last weekend and took full advantage of it. I went clubbing with Adam, Nathan, and his friend Dan on Friday night. Then after sleeping most of Saturday, met up with Dimitris, Gabi, and Eli in Shibuya. On Sunday after church, we met a group of friends to explore Tokyo Dome City, the theme park right by my house. I finally rode the gigantic rolletcoaster. Was pretty scary, but still lots of fun. Then we saw the Hanshin Tigers vs. Tokyo Giants baseball game, and the Tigers won. On Monday I went to Tokyo DisneySea with Adam, Sandy, Ji and Nathan, which was a blast. It's kind of like Disneyland, but with a little more adult-oriented rides, but not by much. Adam said he liked it better than California Adventure Park. Since last week I wrote way too much, I'll make the rest of this a picture oriented update.

By the way, for those who are subscribed to the e-mail list, sorry about the test e-mail I sent out earlier, I didn't mean to post that to the list. Now onto the pictures:


The four of us about to enter the club. This is Tokyo, so when you go out, you gotta look as ridiculous as possible.


This was the craziest outfit I could come up with, with my limited wardrobe. Note that this is the same soccer jersey I wore on Mount Fuji. (Yes, I washed it)


The "after" shot. Can you tell?


A trendy little sushi/sake bar to chill at with Eli, Gabi and Dimitris.


The 6 of us brave enough to ride the rollercoaster.


Nathan's co-worker is nicknamed "Doraemon", so I had to take the shot of the two Doraemons and Nathan. Note the little girl inside of Doraemon's mouth.


The whole group at the baseball game!


This Hanshin Tigers fan had more than the Eye of the Tiger.

Moving on to the next day...



At the entrance to DisneySea.


The Arabian Skyline in the background.


Ji and Sandy riding the Flying Flounder ride.


Ice Cream was soo good on such a hot day.


I was pretty soaked after this water ride.


The shot of us riding the Indiana Jones ride. Yeah pictures of pictures are never great, but hey, it was free.


Outside the fiery temple of the new "Raging Spirits" Ride.


Waiting for the 3-D Aladdin show to start.


Chillin' after the awesome fireworks show.


Bye Mickey, see you next time!

That was just a sample of the pictures, check out the whole set here!

1 comment:

BDC said...

Looks fun. I didn't know I had a 4-day weekend or else I would have gone up to Tokyo...